I am a landscape and seascape oil painter. I have been painting for over 30 years. Inspired by the beauty of nature that surrounds me. I try to paint daily while life continually gets in the way! Life? What is that? It's what happens when I am not painting! Being a wife and mother, finding the remote, the shoes, signing permission slips. Where is the permission slip? "Mom why is there alizaran crimson on my permission slip?" I paint en plein aire as often as possible, and studio paint when I can't, like at 1:30 in the morning. Often enlarging small plein aire paintings onto a large canvas. I hike all over Mt. Diablo and the surrounding hills gathering field notes for my large paintings in the form of sketches, notes, small oil sketches, and photographs. I have been chased by cows, tangled up in barbed wire, soaked in rain swollen creeks with slippery crossing rocks, and all the while I have to make sure I am back in time to pick up a kid from school! Back in the studio, I get to work on the day's information I have gathered. Recreating it on a large canvas. When I hear, "what's for dinner?" Dinner? What's for dinner? I should know this. My mother always knew this. It should be on the table in about ten minutes from now, and I haven't a clue as to the answer of that question. I am still trying to figure out how I got alizarin crimson on the permission slip!


Please enjoy my work, I will post as often as possible. Feel free to leave comments or to contact me by e-mail.



All works © 2010 Catherine McClure Lindberg No images may be reproduced without express permission from the artist.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Work Never Ends!

Danville's Mountain  24x36" oil on canvas


Home Show is over, now on to the next show.  I was asked by a collector at my home show, how do you do all of this and still have time to paint?  Good question.  No sleep?  It takes a lot of work to make cards, mat prints, make title and price labels.  All preparatory work for a show.  The wonderful part about a home show is no loading and unloading of the van, no wind,  great food and drink, and a really relaxed atmosphere. People drift in and out all weekend long giving you plenty of time to converse with each collector that stops by.

My next show is the Alamo Danville Artists' Studio Tour on June 7 and 8.  I will be showing in Alamo at the home of a good friend and wonderful artist.  We have lined up 5 artists to be at that location.  It should be a great weekend. My art is still hanging here at home if you didn't get to see it, so contact me if you wanted to come by and can't make it to Alamo in June.  Otherwise I look forward to seeing you there!

1 comment:

Catherine Lindberg said...

This Mt. Diablo painting is the view from Sycamore Exit off of 680 freeway in Danville.