I am a landscape and seascape oil painter. I have been painting for over 30 years. Inspired by the beauty of nature that surrounds me. I try to paint daily while life continually gets in the way! Life? What is that? It's what happens when I am not painting! Being a wife and mother, finding the remote, the shoes, signing permission slips. Where is the permission slip? "Mom why is there alizaran crimson on my permission slip?" I paint en plein aire as often as possible, and studio paint when I can't, like at 1:30 in the morning. Often enlarging small plein aire paintings onto a large canvas. I hike all over Mt. Diablo and the surrounding hills gathering field notes for my large paintings in the form of sketches, notes, small oil sketches, and photographs. I have been chased by cows, tangled up in barbed wire, soaked in rain swollen creeks with slippery crossing rocks, and all the while I have to make sure I am back in time to pick up a kid from school! Back in the studio, I get to work on the day's information I have gathered. Recreating it on a large canvas. When I hear, "what's for dinner?" Dinner? What's for dinner? I should know this. My mother always knew this. It should be on the table in about ten minutes from now, and I haven't a clue as to the answer of that question. I am still trying to figure out how I got alizarin crimson on the permission slip!


Please enjoy my work, I will post as often as possible. Feel free to leave comments or to contact me by e-mail.



All works © 2010 Catherine McClure Lindberg No images may be reproduced without express permission from the artist.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Busy Friday

"View From El Pintado"  30x48" oil on canvas

Today I am getting ready for a home show that I am having on the 17th and 18th of May.  I usually do this twice a year. Once in the spring and once near the holidays. Usually in November. Our local hills are rapidly turning gold and the green is getting more faint by the day until there will be no trace of the wet moist grass left.

I am posting one of my favorites, "View From El Pintado" which was painted at my favorite time of year.  Green and lush.  The oaks are just beginning to bud.  This is a large 30x48" oil on canvas studio piece.  I have a few pieces on the easel, but the business of art calls. Invitations, mailings, web site update and ugh!  My merchant account!!!!  The fees have increased over the last 18 months from free to $2.50 a month statement fee, to $2.50 statement fee plus $25.00 a month activity fee, (even if there is activity or even if there is no activity?)  Now, it has recently gone up to $2.50 plus $35.00!!!!!!  Time to get out of this account and check out another venue. All of this is very frustrating, and keeps me from the easel which is upsetting. I tend to stay up late and paint as it is too late to call the bank, clean the house, answer the phone, etc......  Nothing but silence and quiet painting time.  Nice.

Enjoy "View From El Pintado"  taken from a scene I hiked into up off 680 freeway in Danville, CA.  Just up above the El Pintado exit on the East side of the freeway. All private roads and homes up there, but artists are usually not kicked out.  I walked in and started sketching.  The people that did see me were happy to see what I was up to.

Have a great Friday!

No comments: