I am a landscape and seascape oil painter. I have been painting for over 30 years. Inspired by the beauty of nature that surrounds me. I try to paint daily while life continually gets in the way! Life? What is that? It's what happens when I am not painting! Being a wife and mother, finding the remote, the shoes, signing permission slips. Where is the permission slip? "Mom why is there alizaran crimson on my permission slip?" I paint en plein aire as often as possible, and studio paint when I can't, like at 1:30 in the morning. Often enlarging small plein aire paintings onto a large canvas. I hike all over Mt. Diablo and the surrounding hills gathering field notes for my large paintings in the form of sketches, notes, small oil sketches, and photographs. I have been chased by cows, tangled up in barbed wire, soaked in rain swollen creeks with slippery crossing rocks, and all the while I have to make sure I am back in time to pick up a kid from school! Back in the studio, I get to work on the day's information I have gathered. Recreating it on a large canvas. When I hear, "what's for dinner?" Dinner? What's for dinner? I should know this. My mother always knew this. It should be on the table in about ten minutes from now, and I haven't a clue as to the answer of that question. I am still trying to figure out how I got alizarin crimson on the permission slip!


Please enjoy my work, I will post as often as possible. Feel free to leave comments or to contact me by e-mail.



All works © 2010 Catherine McClure Lindberg No images may be reproduced without express permission from the artist.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Keepin' Busy

California Gold  10x10" oil on canvas

The green is nearly gone.  It left early this year as we haven't had rain in about 2 months.  I think we went all of April without a drop and March was a sprinkle here and there at best.  Now understand, I am talking about Contra Costa County.  When the weather predicts rain, quite often it only falls north of the Golden Gate and we don't get any.  A little wind, a few clouds, and that's it, that was our storm.

Today I am busying myself setting up for my home show.  I have a lot of paintings to figure out where to put!  Then the logistics of everything.  I have a kid to deliver to a school science field trip that needs to be there by 10:30AM and I need to be back for an 11:00 AM show!  It will all work out, it always does.  Just that careful balance of artist, wife, mom, or as I like to call it a Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human Relations.  It will all work out, and the show will go on!  See you there?

No comments: