I am a landscape and seascape oil painter. I have been painting for over 30 years. Inspired by the beauty of nature that surrounds me. I try to paint daily while life continually gets in the way! Life? What is that? It's what happens when I am not painting! Being a wife and mother, finding the remote, the shoes, signing permission slips. Where is the permission slip? "Mom why is there alizaran crimson on my permission slip?" I paint en plein aire as often as possible, and studio paint when I can't, like at 1:30 in the morning. Often enlarging small plein aire paintings onto a large canvas. I hike all over Mt. Diablo and the surrounding hills gathering field notes for my large paintings in the form of sketches, notes, small oil sketches, and photographs. I have been chased by cows, tangled up in barbed wire, soaked in rain swollen creeks with slippery crossing rocks, and all the while I have to make sure I am back in time to pick up a kid from school! Back in the studio, I get to work on the day's information I have gathered. Recreating it on a large canvas. When I hear, "what's for dinner?" Dinner? What's for dinner? I should know this. My mother always knew this. It should be on the table in about ten minutes from now, and I haven't a clue as to the answer of that question. I am still trying to figure out how I got alizarin crimson on the permission slip!


Please enjoy my work, I will post as often as possible. Feel free to leave comments or to contact me by e-mail.



All works © 2010 Catherine McClure Lindberg No images may be reproduced without express permission from the artist.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rainy Days = Green Hills

Winter's Green Splendor     studio piece  24x36"


Just sitting down to paint after a morning full of errands.  Very stormy today.  Not exactly a plein aire sort of day.  Really cool lunar eclipse last night.  I am posting a studio piece I finished a few weeks ago for a gallery show I had.  "Winter's Green Splendor" is a scene from the Franklin Canyon area not far from me.  It is a 24 x 36" oil on canvas.  Everything is so green right now.  All the surrounding hills.  I like capturing the atmosphere and distant hills.  I'd better get back to the easel. 

No comments: